Customized T-Shirts unique to you
There are many reasons why you may want a customized t-shirt. It may be for a funny gift, for a fun night out, for sports team games, corporate events and more. Whatever the reason you need to know how to customize the t-shirt/s online. Zazzle is the Print On Demand company I favor. It is after all the world’s number 1 leader in customizables.
If you need any help customizing your t-shirt – drop me a line I am happy to help.
Step by Step tutorial for customizing your Zazzle T-Shirt.
Tip: If you have two devices, it may be a good idea to have this tutorial open on one of them so you can refer to it while you customize your t-shirt on the other device.
- Select the t-shirt template you wish to customize, whether it be a blank one or one with an existing design.
- When you have chosen the t-shirt item you wish to customize select the ‘Customize it!’ tab. You can locate this as shown in the image below next to the blue Add to Cart’ tab.
3. Selecting this tab will reveal a set of customization tools which include ‘Art View’ (beneath the image of the t-shirt) and ‘Add Image’ ‘Add Text’ (shown to the right below the ‘customize it’ text. Switch to ‘Art View’. The t-shirt image will then disappear and you will see the space available for your image and text as shown below.
4. Add an image – To add an image to your design click on the ‘Add image’ tab. Selecting that ‘field’ will allow yo to resize and reposition it.
5. Resize the image to create room for your text. Do you see the border to the image with the small boxes and dotted lines? Point your mouse to the little box to the far right. When you do this a symbol will appear to indicate that you can resize and reposition your image by holding your mouse over it. Draw the box in to resize and move it around to where you’d like it to be in the space.
6.Select Add Text – when you select this tab a text box will appear.
7. Type in the text you want on the T-Shirt. and then select ‘Done’. I have typed in ‘add name here’. You would of course type in the name or the one-liner you want to appear.
8. Click ‘Save’ before proceeding further.
A range of customization tools will appear. The ‘F’ in the circle is the tab you select to change the font. A table of fonts will appear. Scroll down and when you find a font you like ‘highlight’ to select it and then select ‘done’ to save it to your design. The number that appears in the tab below the ‘add text tab’ indicates the font size. Select this to change the size of the font. To the right of the ‘edit and ‘arrange’ tabs you will see some ‘position arrows’ and a white blank box. The box when selected will give you a color chart to select a color for your font.
TIP: If you do all this while in the ‘art view’ (see step 3) you will be sure to get everything within the print area.
10.When you are happy that your text and image are properly aligned (spelling is correct) you can proceed with the other areas of customization, which include selecting a ‘size’ color and style of t-shirt.
You will see color options for the t-shirt and style options (men, women, children, different type of clothing) below the text and image editing fields. Select the style of t-shirt you want first as that will affect the color options that appear. Once done you can then select the color. Check that your text is visible against the color of t-shirt you choose.
11. You’re almost done! When you are happy with your choices, you must select a ‘size’.
12. Once all the above steps are complete and you are happy to move forward to checkout – select ‘Add to Cart’.
As you do this a pop up box will appear which shows you once more the image you have edited to help you check one final time everything is spaced and aligned correctly within the print area. Select ‘Continue’ if happy to do so.
You’re finished – Well done 🙂
I guarantee this will be much easier the next time around and I also guarantee there will be a next time because once you give someone a personalized gift and you see how delighted they are with it, you will want to buy more customized gifts.
TIP: One final thing!!
Have a seperate desktop window open as you order so you can check Zazzle’s current special offers and discounts (they always have some) and ‘copy’ the coupon code that applies to your purchase and ‘paste’ it to the box that will appear when you go through the checkout for special offers and coupon codes.